-28 Input/30 Output -Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Connectivity -Dual Microphone Preamps -Phantom Power, Pad and Trim per Preamp -Multiple CueMix FX Mixes -Sample Accurate MIDI -Clip Protection -Standalone Operation -Mac OS X -Windows XP/Vista/7
Since seasoned sound engineers can be so adamant and meticulous, MOTU has come up with versatile equipment that can satisfy their needs.
Introducing, the MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid 28x30 USB/FireWire Audio Interface!
The 828mk3 Hybrid provides an innovative and universal “hybrid” FireWire and high speed USB 2.0 connections, allowing you flexible connectivity to any Mac or Windows computer, and giving you superb sound, and reliable performance. It is specifically made for you, sound engineer, who must have to manage different machines at a time or work closely with artists and bands. This hybrid audio interface provides ten channels of pristine 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF.
You can even expand your system by connecting additional MOTU audio interfaces or the 8pre mic input expander. Besides, the 828mk3 is suitable for studio and stage use, with or without a computer. As an interface or stand alone mixer, it readily provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs.
Then, after you are done with programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the 828mk3 from the computer and you are now ready to take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
Not only that! You will surely be delighted about these 828mk3 features:
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity – you may connect to your computer either through plug-and-play FireWire or hi-speed USB2;
- CueMix FX™ - flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output;
- 28 inputs/30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) – there is no channel sharing in the 828mk3; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels;
- Front-panel control – you can readily access any setting in your entire 828mk3 mix directly from the front panel;
- Stand-alone operation – you can now program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 828mk3 to your gig, without using a computer. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls;
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes - for example, you may create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or, add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency at all;
- Two front panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4” guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain;
- Mic/guitar instrument sends - add your favorite outboard EQ, preamp, reverb or other processor to the two mic/guitar inputs, before the signal goes digital;
- Clip protection - Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12 dB over zero;
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks;
- Precision Digital Trim™ - Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs) provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs and then save/recall trim configurations;
- Flexible optical I/O - 16 channels of ADAT light pipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink. You can even mix and match formats between the two banks;
- Sample-accurate MIDI - connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software;
- Foot switch input - connect a standard foot pedal switch (sold separately) for hands-free punch-in and punch-out while recording. Or, map the pedal to any keystroke function in your host software;
- Expandable - add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow;
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control;
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out;
- Word clock in and out;
- SMPTE in and out;
- DC-coupled TRS outputs, which can be used with Volta™ (sold separately) to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW;
- Includes 32- and 64-bit native drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. It supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software;
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs;
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing and sample-accurate sync;
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0;
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surrounds monitoring setups available;
- Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls;
- Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs;
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs;
- International 100-240V, 50-60 Hz auto-switching power supply;
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 × 7 × 1.75 inches (48.26 × 17.78 × 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
This is now the time to cast your worries away. Get your MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid 28x30 USB/FireWire Audio Interface now!
|UPC (Universal Product Code)||00839128005778|
|MPN (manufacturer part number)||4365|
|Specs||Converters 24-bit Sample Rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz Analog In 2 x Neutrik Combo/XLR 8 x 1/4" TRS phone (balanced/unbalanced) Analog Outputs 8 x 1/4" TRS phone 2 x XLR Main Out 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Sends 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Headphone Digital Input Connectors 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF 2 x TOSLink optical ADAT or S/PDIF 1 x BNC Wordclock 1 x FireWire (shared with output) 1 x USB 2.0 (shared with output) Digital Output Connectors 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF 2 x TOSLink optical ADAT or S/PDIF 1 x BNC Wordclock 1 x FireWire (shared with output) 1 x USB 2.0 (shared with output)with output) MIDI In/Out 2 x 5-pin DIN Other Connectors 2 x 1/4" TS phone SMPTE I/O Sync In/Out S/PDIF Wordclock SMPTE Headphone Output 2 x 1/4" TRS phone with Volume Control Phantom Power +48V Display Multi-purpose back-lit LCD 8 x 5-segment LEDs I/O 2 x 4-segmant LEDs S/PDIF Input 2 x 10-segment LEDs Microphone/Guitar Input 2 X 5-segment LEDs Main Out Power Requirements 100~240V, 50/60Hz auto switching internal power supply System Requirements Mac PowerPC G4/500MHz or faster with at least one FireWire port OS X 10.4.9 or later 256MB RAM minimum (512MB or more recommended) Large hard drive (preferably at least 100GB) PC Pentium-based 1GHz computer or faster with at least one FireWire port (Pentium III processor or faster recommended) Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 256MB RAM minimum (512 MB or more recommended) Large hard drive (preferably at least 100GB) Dimensions 19 x 7 x 1.75" (483 x 178 x 45mm) Weight Not specified by manufacturer Specialties On-board DSP effects|
- JBL AWC82 8” 2-Way All-Weather Compact Co-axial LoudspeakerSpecial Price $399.00 Regular Price $505.00
- JBL AWC129 12” 2-Way All-Weather Compact Co-axial LoudspeakerSpecial Price $749.00 Regular Price $945.00